My current research is motivated by society’s need to transition to a clean energy future. This transition will require the development and adoption of renewable energy technologies and a shift to more efficient use of energy. Many challenges have to be overcome for this transition to occur. A goal of my research is to contribute to answering key questions about policies to incentivize the production and adoption of renewables, and the environmental and welfare impacts of these policies.
- Time and risk preferences and renewable energy adoption (with Rong Rong)
- Leasing vs owning residential solar PV (with Rong Rong)
ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND CONSERVATION
- Field experiment to study the effect of feedback and social nudges on energy conservation (with John Spraggon and Elizabeth Hunter) Working paper available.
AGRICULTURAL POLLUTANTS AND WATER QUALITY
- Environmental externalities from agriculture: Evidence from water quality in the United States (with Jayash Paudel) Working paper available.
- Agricultural adaptation to climate change: Implications for fertilizer use and water quality (with Jayash Paudel) Working paper available.